Mastering the Fuji X100 provides the ambitious photographer with everything they need to know to operate this camera that has become an instant classic. Readers will learn about the features and capabilities of the X100 and will discover numerous tips and tricks for how to maximize its potential. Learn how to influence dynamic range, how to optimize focus, which film simulation is best, and much more.
The Fuji X100 is a premium digital viewfinder camera that combines compact size with sophisticated technical features and uncompromising optical quality. This unique camera already enjoys cult status and is used by many photographers as the ideal travel and snapshot camera. Nonetheless, the X100 is much more than an automatic snapshot camera—it is a sophisticated photographic tool.
In a layout suitable to the camera’s attractive design, this manual presents convincing imagery that attests to the fun you will have as you begin to push the envelope of your Fuji X100.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1 THE BASICS
2 SHOOTING WITH THE X100
- 2.1 A FEW TIPS TO GET STARTED
- 2.2 THE LCD MONITOR AND THE HYBRID VIEWFINDER
- 2.3 EXPOSURE: THE PLAY OF APERTURE AND TIME
- 2.4 SHARP IMAGES: FOCUSING WITH THE X100
- 2.5 ISO, SENSITIVITY, AND NOISE BEHAVIOR
- 2.6 IMAGE QUALITY: CONVENIENCE OR FLEXIBILITY?
- 2.7 SHOOTING WITH NEUTRAL COLORS, OR HOW TO SET YOUR WHITE BALANCE PROPERLY
- 2.8 THE RIGHT JPEG SETTINGS
2.9 ACCOMMODATING A LARGE DYNAMIC RANGE
- DYNAMIC RANGE WITH JPEGS
- ISO SPEED AND THE DYNAMIC RANGE FUNCTION
- DYNAMIC RANGE WITH RAW FILES
- EXPOSE TO THE RIGHT—A QUICK ASIDE
- USING THE DR FUNCTION
- 2.10 SERIES, BRACKETING, PANORAMAS, AND MOVIES
- 2.11 MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY
- 2.12 USING FLASH WITH THE X100
- 2.13 LAST BUT NOT LEAST
- 3 ACCESSORIES
- Title: Mastering the Fuji X100
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Rocky Nook
- ISBN: 9781933952987