Adding a particle system
We will start by creating a new particle system in the scene:
- In the menu bar, navigate to Game Object | Particle System to add this to the scene.
- Rename the particle system
- In the Hierarchy panel, expand the
flamethrowergame object by clicking on the small arrow next to its name so its child,
muzzle, becomes visible in the list.
- Drag the new particle system onto the
muzzlegame object to parent it.
- Click on
flameShootto view its components in the Inspector.
- Zero out the Transform Position and Rotation values to center the particle system to
- Reset all three Transform Scale values to
1so that the particle system does not inherit the parent's scale: