Write maintainable and production-quality scripts that save time and effort
About This Video
Take your existing PowerShell skills to the next level and write powerful scripts to automate repetitive, boring tasks
Become the champion administrator in your organization that can solve even the toughest of PowerShell questions
Get to grips with PowerShell's advanced functions and effectively administer your system
PowerShell is the de facto standard for scripting in Microsoft Windows environments. By knowing how to use PowerShell, system administrators can quickly automate complex, repetitive, and otherwise time-consuming tasks.
This video course will help you to master automation and finish the course by building a variety of PowerShell scripts to automate your environment and reduce the amount of code required. Through real-world examples, you will learn how to simplify managing your Windows environment and then effectively administer Windows-based systems and environments by using advanced functions.
You will gain a strong foundation to advance your existing PowerShell knowledge through real-world scenarios. By the end of this course, you will be able to quickly produce scripts that can be run in your existing environments, and perform and automate tasks by building scripts that involve systems and enterprise management.
You will finish the course by getting a thorough understanding of how to use advanced features to work with Active Directory and the file system, and will deploy tried and tested scripts for a variety of management tasks.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction and Important Things to Know
- Chapter 2 : Error Handling
- Chapter 3 : Working with the Windows File System
- Chapter 4 : Interacting with Databases
- Chapter 5 : Interacting with Active Directory
- Chapter 6 : Automating Active Directory Tasks
- Chapter 7 : More Real-World Scenarios
- Title: Mastering Windows PowerShell 5 Administration
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786467980