Step up your network analysis and network forensics skills with Wireshark
About This Video
- Understand advanced TCP/IP network protocol mechanics.
- Use Wireshark to help troubleshoot dropped packets, latency issues, and malicious activity on your network.
- Take advantage of PyShark scripts to manage network analysis and perform exploratory data analysis at scale.
- Use network forensics for security and pre-emptive contingency-planning programming to include remote evidence collection, investigation, analysis, and detailed forensic reporting.
Mastering Wireshark 3 (2nd Edition) will help you gain expertise in securing your network. As you progress through the course, you will discover different and important ways to create, use, capture, and display filters.
Learn to master Wireshark's features, analyze different layers of your network protocol, and search for abnormality in your network traffic. The course focuses on packet analysis for security tasks, command-line utilities, and tools that manage trace files.
You will delve into analyzing applications aimed primarily at web browsing; master commands that can also be set up and configured to run from the command prompt; and learn to use the new feature in Cisco routers and switches to capture packets directly from devices and mirror (SPAN) ports. Lastly, you'll learn to expand upon the capabilities and functions of Wireshark plugins and APIs and build on your Python skills by using PyShark to modify how Wireshark captures and filters packets.
By the end of this course, you'll have learned to customize Wireshark in-depth for network security analysis using commonly used protocols and to configure it effectively for troubleshooting and daily monitoring purposes.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Customization of Wireshark
- Chapter 2 : Using Wireshark for Capturing and Examining Traffic
- Chapter 3 : Examining and Analyzing Traffic Analysis
- Chapter 4 : Analyzing Network Protocols
- Chapter 5 : Analyzing Application Protocols
- Chapter 6 : Wireshark Command-Line Tools
- Chapter 7 : Expanding and Troubleshooting Wireshark
Chapter 8 : Expanding Wireshark
- Using Mirror (SPAN) Ports on Cisco Devices 00:04:38
- Prerequisites for Cisco Packet Capture 00:03:21
- Using Cisco Packet Capture 00:04:36
- Wireshark Plugins and API 00:03:10
- Analyzing Networking Traffic Using the PyShark Library 00:05:27
- Title: Mastering Wireshark 3
- Release date: June 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839213953
You might also like
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Introduction to Python
Intrigued by Python? Learn how to get started with this popular language, whether you’re new to …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …