About This Video
- Solve complex problems every web-app developer faces
- Bridge the gap towards using functional programming to solve complex issues in modern web-apps
- Theory and practical application using Functional Type-classes
- Work with Observables, Streams and Real-time data with Google Firebase
In this course, you will be comfortable using functional programming to handle asynchronous code (events and fetching APIs), error handling and writing clean functional code that can handle unknown values without becoming difficult to read.
To accomplish this, we’ll learn about building Type-classes, functional types that are used to specifically handle situations like this while keeping code looking familiar (an easy interface), pure and of very DRY.
We will build a Functor into a Monad piece by piece and do examples showing how each part is useful and how their simple API can almost magically handle so many difficult concerns without too much code. You’ll learn about Maybe, Either, Future and even Reactive Streams with Observables to write asynchronous code that looks more like synchronous FP.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Functors
- The Course Overview 00:04:42
- Introduce functors to encapsulate data in composition 00:08:50
- Functors Laws 00:11:26
- Chapter 2 : Monads
- Chapter 3 : Functional Type Classes for Async Behaviour
- Chapter 4 : ChapterName
- Chapter 5 : Finishing Our Application
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788298254