Get Mathletics now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
List of Abbreviations
Part I. Baseball
1. Baseball's Pythagorean Theorem
2. Who Had a Better Year, Nomar Garciaparra 11 or Ichiro Suzuki?
The Runs-Created Approach
3. Evaluating Hitters by Linear Weights
4. Evaluating Hitters by Monte Carlo Simulation
5. Evaluating Baseball Pitchers and Forecasting Future Pitcher Performance
6. Baseball Decision-Making
7. Evaluating Fielders
Sabermetrics' Last Frontier
8. Player Win Averages
9. The Value of Replacement Players
Evaluating Trades and Fair Salary
10. Park Factors
11. Streakiness in Sports
12. The Platoon Effect
13. Was Tony Perez a Great Clutch Hitter?
14. Pitch Count and Pitcher Effectiveness
15. Would Ted Williams Hit .406 ...