Maven is the most popular Java dependency management tool. In this hands-on course, you will understand how Maven makes the life of a Java developer easier. We will use a step-by-step approach with 20 steps. During the course, you will automate these using Maven. You will compile Java, code, run unit tests, build jars and wars, run web applications in Tomcat, and setup new projects.
What You Will Learn
- Use Maven to manage dependencies
- Use Maven to create multi-module projects
- Understand Maven best practices
- Use Maven commands
- Understand the Maven build life cycle and project object model
- Understand Maven s philosophy of "convention over configuration"
- Use Maven to generate Projects using Maven Archetypes
- Use Maven Plugins
- Understand how to use Maven in combination with an IDE like Eclipse
You want to use Maven to manage dependencies. You want to use Maven to create new projects. You have familiarity with Java programming. You want to understand Maven best practices and a few Maven tips and tricks. You want to understand how Maven works.
About The Author
In28Minutes Official: Ranga Karanam is a seasoned technologist and architect with over two decades of expertise in programming, design, and architecture. He founded in28Minutes with the goal of helping students master cutting-edge cloud-native technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes. With 15 years of experience in Java programming and design, Ranga has collaborated with top banking clients worldwide.
His passion for creating hands-on courses with real-world projects motivated him to develop the Step-By-Step series of courses that follow a problem-solution-based approach, with practical and real-world application examples.
Ranga and his team at in28Minutes specialize in Java and related frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Struts, and Hibernate. They are committed to equipping learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Maven in 20 Steps
- Chapter 2 : Maven Basics
- Chapter 3 : Maven Dependency Management
- Chapter 4 : How does Maven Work
- Chapter 5 : How does Maven Work
- Chapter 6 : Conclusion
- Title: Maven Tutorial - Manage Java Dependencies in 20 Steps
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789130027
You might also like
Learning Apache Maven
In this Learning Apache Maven training course, expert author Kevin Bowersox will teach you how to …
Apache Maven Cookbook
Over 90 hands-on recipes to successfully build and automate development life cycle tasks following Maven conventions …
Modern Java Web Applications with Spring Boot 2.x
Building web application has been a challenge for many Java developers because of the complexities of …
Apache Maven: A Practical Introduction
In this course, we look at the Maven build tool, which is currently the number-one industry …