LinuxONE is a hardware system designed to support and exploit the Linux operating system based on the value of its unique underlying architecture. LinuxONE can be used within a private and multi-cloud environment to support a range of workloads and service a variety of needs.
On LinuxONE, security is built into both the hardware and software.
This IBM® Redpaper publication gives a broad understanding of how to leverage the various security features that exploit and complement the LinuxONE hardware security features, such as these:
- Hardware accelerated encryption of data, delivered with near-zero overhead by the on-chip Central Processor Assist for Cryptographic Function (CPACF) and a dedicated Crypto Express adapter.
- Virtualization and industry leading isolation capabilities with PR/SM, EAL 5+ LPARs, DPM, KVM, and IBM z/VM®.
- The IBM Secure Service Container technology, which provides workload isolation, restricted administrator access, and tamper protection against internal threats, including from systems administrators.
- Other technologies that exploit LinuxONE security capabilities and deeper dives into practical use cases for these technologies.
This IBM Redpaper publication was written for IT executives, architects, specialists, security administrators, and others who consider security when using LinuxONE.
Table of contents
- Front cover
Chapter 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Introduction to LinuxONE
- 1.2 Enterprise Security Challenges
- 1.3 IBM LinuxONE servers
- Chapter 2. Core Security Technologies on LinuxONE
Chapter 3. Exploiters of Security on LinuxONE
- 3.1 IBM Secure Service Container
- 3.2 IBM Secure Boot for Linux
- 3.3 IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services
- 3.4 Cryptographic Key Management for LinuxONE
- Chapter 4. Use cases
- Chapter 5. IBM Blockchain Platform with IBM LinuxONE
- Appendix A. Summary and Reference Guide
- Back cover
- Title: Maximizing Security with LinuxONE
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738458137
You might also like
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ (CS0-001)
Over 21 hours of deep-dive training covering every objective in the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ (CS0-001) …
Python for DevOps
Much has changed in technology over the past decade. Data is hot, the cloud is ubiquitous, …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …