Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Environment
Your Complete Certification Solution!
The Smart Way to Study™
In This Book You’ll Learn How To
Implement and manage local and network resources
Manage files and folders
Implement, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot hardware devices
Implement, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot disk quotas
Implement, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot Print Monitor
Monitor and optimize system performance
Implement and manage group policy
Manage and implement disaster recovery
Manage users, computers, and groups
Implement and manage a software update infrastructure
WRITTEN BY A LEADING 70-290 EXAM EXPERT!
Lee Scales, BSEE, MCSE (NT/W2K/W2K3), has worked in the computer industry for more than 25 years, including stints with IBM and Microsoft. He is employed as a senior network consultant with Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., of Overland Park, Kansas. In addition to his consulting duties, he has developed courseware for the Windows platform for several years and has contributed as an author to titles in the Exam Cram series and to a number of websites.
See the Inside Back Cover for Exclusive Access to 70-290 Practice Questions and Simulations!
Helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses, so you can assess your readiness to take the actual 70-290 exam.
Provides detailed explanations of correct and incorrect answers.
Features a variety of study modes, so you can work your way through the questions in the manner that best suits your study preferences.
Covers each 70-290 exam objective.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 70-290 Exam Objectives Quick Reference
- Study and Exam Preparation Tips
Part I: Exam Preparation
- Chapter 1. Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Chapter 2. Managing User and Computer Accounts
- Chapter 3. Managing Groups
- Chapter 4. Managing and Maintaining Access to Resources
- Chapter 5. Administering Windows Server 2003
- Chapter 6. Implementing Printing
- Chapter 7. Managing Printing
- Chapter 8. Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
- Chapter 9. Implementing Group Policy
- Chapter 10. Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
- Chapter 11. Managing and Maintaining Terminal Services
- Chapter 12. Managing Server Storage Devices
- Chapter 13. Managing Data Storage
- Chapter 14. Monitoring and Optimizing Server Performance
- Chapter 15. Managing and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices
- Chapter 16. Implementing Administrative Templates and Audit Policy
- Chapter 17. Managing and Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Chapter 18. Managing and Implementing Windows Server Update Services
- Part II: Final Review
- Part III: Appendixes
- Where Are the Companion Content Files?
- Title: MCSA/MCSE 70-290 Exam Prep: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Release date: November 2006
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780789736482