Learn, prepare, and practice for Microsoft MCTS 70-642 exam success with this MCTS 70-642: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning. The companion CD features two complete practice exams.
Master Microsoft’s MCTS 70-642 exam topics
Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
Practice with realistic exam questions on the CD
MCTS 70-642: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling author and expert instructor Don Poulton shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your approach to passing the exam.
The companion CD contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic questions. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this CompTIA authorized study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The study guide helps you master all the topics on the MCTS 70-642 exam, including
IPv4/IPv6 address configuration and troubleshooting
DHCP configuration, installation, management, and troubleshooting
Routing configuration, tables, RRAS, management, and maintenance
Windows Firewall, Advanced Security, and IPsec
DNS installation, configuration, zones, replication, and records
Client name resolution
File services, shared folders, permissions, and encryption
DFS, namespaces, and replication
File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
Remote Access, VPNs, and NAT
The CD contains two free, complete practice exams. Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test.
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512 MB RAM; 650 MB hard disk space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Configuring IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Chapter 2. Configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Chapter 3. Configuring Routing
- Chapter 4. Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Chapter 5. Installing and Configuring Domain Name System (DNS)
- Chapter 6. Configuring DNS Zones and Replication
- Chapter 7. Configuring DNS Records
- Chapter 8. Configuring Client Computer Name Resolution
- Chapter 9. Configuring File Servers
- Chapter 10. Configuring Distributed File System (DFS)
- Chapter 11. Configuring Backup and Restore
- Chapter 12. Managing File Server Resources
- Chapter 13. Configuring and Monitoring Print Services
- Chapter 14. Configuring Remote Access
- Chapter 15. Configuring Network Policy Server (NPS)
- Chapter 16. Configuring Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Chapter 17. Configuring DirectAccess
- Chapter 18. Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Server Settings
- Chapter 19. Configuring Performance Monitoring
- Chapter 20. Configuring Event Logs
- Chapter 21. Collecting Network Data
- Practice Exam
- Answers to Practice Exam
- Appendix A. Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes
- Appendix B. Memory Tables
- Appendix C. Memory Tables Answer Key
- Title: MCTS 70-642 Cert Guide: Windows Server® 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780132802123