Configuring Indexing and Search
Microsoft Exam Objectives Covered in This Chapter:
- Maintaining a SharePoint Environment
- Configure Service Applications
- Configure Indexing and Search
- Managing a SharePoint Environment
- Manage Operational Settings
Search is a SharePoint service that has needed improvement for some time, and in SharePoint Server 2010 it has certainly gotten the required attention. Not only has enterprise search been improved in the basic version, but FAST Search for SharePoint has been added to the mix to satisfy more sophisticated requirements.
Both basic enterprise search and FAST Search for SharePoint bring a richer search experience to the user by offering more flexible navigation and refinement of related searches. ...