The Meaningful Work Model
This deeper level of intrinsic motivation has to do with work that reflects “the expression of our inner being” (Fox, 1994).
The Meaningful Work Model of Figure 1.1 consists of:
• The sense of self
• Bringing one’s whole self (mind, body, emotion, spirit) to the work (and the workplace)
• Finding one’s purpose in life, and how work fits into that purpose
• Taking care of the self by taking care of others
• Developing one’s potential
• Having a positive belief system about achieving one’s purpose
• Being in control
• Favoring meaningful learning
• The work itself
• Fulfilling one’s purpose
• Mastering one’s performance
• Seeking learning: challenge, creativity, and continuous growth
• Pursuing the opportunity to carry ...