I. Questions to Answer
1. Who are the “leaders” in your community that you know on a personal level?
2. Have you had occasion to meet key political leaders?
3. Have you had occasion to meet the president of the hospital(s) you use? Key leaders of
the major managed care plans?
II. Data Sources and Applications
III. Issues/Problems to Explore
1. Have you established the personal contacts, either directly or indirectly, that enable you
to quickly do business in your community?
2. How will you develop or expand your network?
“Business—real business—isn’t about money. It’s about people. You have to know and
Late senior partner of Lazard Frere and Co.
One set of relationships is among the people and organizations with whom you do business.
ere is another set of relationships, some of which overlap, that “grease the wheel” and provide
advice and resources to enable you to do business and to expand and enhance your business.
ese “key contacts” may provide referrals, introductions, and referrals for banking, lending,
and other needed business services, and referrals for zoning approvals and other governmental
40 ◾ Medical Practice Business Plan Workbook, Third Edition
Managed care organizations:
Chamber of commerce/business and civic organizations:
Who do we need to get to know?