In This Chapter
- The modern, secular practice of mindfulness
- How awareness is viewed in mindfulness and why it’s important
- The benefits of becoming more mindful
- How to do mindfulness meditation
- Ways to bring more awareness into everyday life
Over the last 35 years, mindfulness—deliberately cultivating greater awareness of your present experience—has gained wide acceptance as a tool for improving your mental and physical well-being. At first glance, mindfulness may appear simple, but this appearance is deceptive. While it’s simple to do, the effects of doing it can be profound. Practiced in a completely secular ...