Other Secular Meditation Techniques
In This Chapter
- Meditative approaches created and used by health-care professionals
- Using autogenic training to self-induce a relaxed, recuperative state
- Learning to consciously relax through progressive muscle relaxation
- Using any basic meditative technique to bring about your relaxation response
- Focusing to gain insight into what you’re really thinking and feeling
In this chapter, I introduce you to four secular meditative techniques that, like mindfulness, have been developed over the last 100 years by health-care professionals. These practices have been the subject of research studies that prove ...