Build and launch a Node.js application using Web Apps, CosmosDB, and Container Services
About This Video
- Understand Azure services such as Azure Web Apps, Azure Container Services, and Cosmos DB and highlight specifics used by Node.js applications
- Understand the different Azure architectural building blocks, and enable and run Node.js applications in a native-cloud setup
- Enhance running Node.js apps by integrating with microservices such as Azure Container Services (ACS) and Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
This course shows you step-by-step how to use Azure Building Blocks to deploy your Node.js microservice-based apps to the cloud.
You will start with what cloud-native applications are and their benefits. You will also learn about the crucial reasons for developing a Node.js app and deploying it on Azure. Then you will understand different Azure services, highlight Azure building blocks used by Node.js apps, and deploy your Node.js applications on the Azure Cloud platform. Finally, you will monitor and troubleshoot your Node.js applications with Azure App Insights.
By the end of the course, you will have mastered building an application in Node.js that's based on microservices, deploying it on the Azure Cloud platform, and monitoring and troubleshooting it with Azure App Insights.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Microservice-Development-on-Azure-Nodejs
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Node.js Sample App
- Chapter 2 : Basics of Cloud-Native Apps
- Chapter 3 : Azure Building Blocks
- Chapter 4 : High Availability
- Chapter 5 : Azure Application Insights
- Title: Microservice Development on Azure: Node.js
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789802467
You might also like
Microsoft AZ-301 Certification: Azure Architect Design
The AZ-301 exam is targeted at experienced IT experts and covers a variety of subjects and …
Kubernetes for Absolute Beginners - Hands-on
Learn Kubernetes in simple, easy and fun way with hands-on coding exercises. For beginners in DevOps. …
Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals
Not sure where to start with the Microsoft Azure platform? Whether an IT pro or new …
Microsoft AZ-300 Certification Course: Azure Architect Technologies
In October 2018, Microsoft released the AZ-300 Exam. Targeted at experienced IT experts, the exam covers …