Create high performing, cost-effective, and scalable microservice applications using Azure Service Fabric.
About This Video
- Understand Azure Service Fabric and how it resolves problems with microservices.
- Develop applications on Microsoft Azure Service Fabric to make it scalable and efficient, and reduce costs.
- Deploy an application with Docker containers on Azure Service Fabric.
Do you want to develop business applications that bring scalability and efficiency to your operations; replace cumbersome applications built with monolithic architectural designs with microservice-based applications; and improve resource utilization, reduce costs, and make your business model ascendable?
In this course, you will understand how Azure Service Fabric can help you rapidly build and integrate your microservice applications on Azure and its components. As a developer, each section of the course will help you learn about creating, securing, auto-scaling, and deploying a microservice application. You will be able to take advantage of the platform capabilities of Service Fabric on Azure to upgrade, auto-scale, secure, and finally deploy your application using Docker containers. You'll secure your application so that unauthorized clients cannot issue commands; if they do, you will be ready to manage any failures that occur. We will also work on auto-scaling applications on Service Fabric Cluster to harvest the benefits of the cloud.
By the end of the course you will be able to create applications that are immensely scalable with high performance, high availability, and cost effectiveness—all on a comprehensive microservice platform using Azure.
The code bundle for this video course is available at -https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Microservices-with-Azure-
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Service Fabric
- Chapter 2 : Building a Microservices Application
Chapter 3 : Deploying a Microservices Application
- Installing Local Service Fabric Cluster 00:02:20
- Deploying the Application on Local Service Fabric Cluster 00:02:07
- Installing Service Fabric Cluster on Azure 00:04:47
- Deploying on Azure Service Fabric Cluster 00:02:01
- Fault-Tolerant Microservices Platform: Deploy Application on Azure and Cause Deliberate Failures 00:05:09
- Setting Up a CI/CD Pipeline on VSTS 00:11:28
- Chapter 4 : Securing Microservices
- Chapter 5 : Monitoring Service Fabric Cluster
- Chapter 6 : Auto-Scaling Your Service Fabric Cluster
- Chapter 7 : Deploying Docker Containers
- Title: Microservices with Azure
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788628600