Book descriptionDive headfirst into Microsoft’s Computer Vision APIs through sample-driven scenarios!
Imagine an app that describes to the visually impaired the objects around them, or reads the Sunday paper, a favorite magazine, or a street sign. Or an app that is capable of monitoring what is happening inside an area without human control, and then makes a decision based on interpreting an occurrence detected with a live camera. This book teaches developers Microsoft's Computer Vision APIs, a service capable of understanding and interpreting the content of any image.Author Del Sole begins by providing a succinct “need to know” overview of the service with descriptions. You then learn from hands-on demonstrations that show how basic C# code examples can be re-used across platforms. From there you will be guided through two different kinds of applications that interact with the service in two different ways: the more common means of calling a REST service to get back JSON data, and via the .NET libraries that Microsoft has been building to simplify the job (this latter one with Xamarin).
What You’ll Learn
- Understand AI’s role and how devices and applications use sophisticated algorithms to improve people’s lives and business tasks.
- Analyze images for Optical Character Recognition to detect written words and sentences
- Think about the next-generation applications in relation to your customers’ needs
- Get up-to-speed on the latest version of the Computer Vision service, which now comes through Azure
- Set up an Azure subscription in order to access the Cognitive Services within the portal
Who This Book Is For
Developers just getting familiar with artificial intelligence. A minimal knowledge of C# is required.
- Title: Microsoft Computer Vision APIs Distilled : Getting Started with Cognitive Services
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484233429
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence
“The authors’ clear visual style provides a comprehensive look at what’s currently possible with artificial neural …
Introduction to Machine Learning with Python
Machine learning has become an integral part of many commercial applications and research projects, but this …