Business logic can be debugged using the Visual Studio debugger. Follow this recipe to activate debugger and debug the report.
- Ensure that you are on the same server where the reporting services is installed.
- Set the project configuration to point to debug mode, and rebuild and deploy the solution including the report model and the included business logic.
- This will deploy the necessary symbols for debugging.
- Open Tools | Attach to Process, and make sure Show Process from All users and Show Process from All sessions is checked.
- Under the displayed process select ReportServicesService.exe and click Attach.
- Open the report through the report services in the web browser or in AX.
- After specifying the parameter values ...