Follow these steps to create a grid control in ASP.NET that retrieves data:
- Right-click on the website in the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio and select Add New Item.
- Select Dynamics AX User Control and give it a name that makes sense.
- Now that the control has been created, right-click on it in the Solution Explorer and select Add to AOT.
- When that is done, the control is saved in the AOT under Web | Web files | Web controls. This step has to be performed in order to use the user control from the SharePoint page.
- Open the user control ...