Sending notifications using workflows
We need to send an
issue assignment notification to the assigned member. We can create a workflow to send the notification and set it to run when the record is assigned.
Perform the following steps to create the workflow to send a notification:
- Navigate to Setting | Processes | New.
- Enter the following information on the workflow dialog box and click on OK:
- Process Name: Send Issue Assignment Notification
- Entity: Issue
- Category: Workflow
- Type: New Blank Process
- Set Scope to Organization and set Start when to Record is assigned.
- Select Add Step | Send E-mail and click on the Set Properties button.
- Select the From field and select Modified By from Form Assistant:
- Click on Add and then click on the OK button.
- In the same ...