The smart guide to the successful delivery of Microsoft Dynamics Business Solutions
Learn how to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step to implement the right Dynamics business solution with quality, on-time and on-budget results.
Leverage the Decision Accelerator offerings in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step to create consistent selling motions while helping your customer ascertain the best solution to fit their requirements.
Understand the review and optimization offerings available from Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step to further enhance your business solution delivery during and after go-live.
Gain knowledge of the project and change management content provided in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step.
Familiarize yourself with the approach to adopting the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology as your own.
Includes a Foreword by Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Practitioners.
Delivering business solutions is more than just product play. Software is often viewed as the enabler; however, the key to success is how the solution is implemented and how the implementations are managed. With this as the background, Microsoft has developed Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step as the full lifecycle methodology for the Dynamics business solutions portfolio. Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step enables you to maximize your Dynamics investments and increase your efficiency to select, sell, deliver, operate and support your business solution.
This book details the use of the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology to enable the full lifecycle of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step business solutions engagements. Guidance is provided on the due diligence process for the customer that overlaps the solution selling cycle for the service provider, through to the solution implementation phases, encompassing on-going maintenance and upgrades.
This book provides detailed coverage of how to use Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step to successfully deliver Dynamics solutions for your business.
The book begins by focusing on the aspects of due diligence and solution selling– whether you are the customer or the service provider, you can learn how you work together to select the right solution to meet the organization’s needs.In the ensuing chapters, you will learn how Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step can help improve the overall quality of your Dynamics business solution, including coverage of proactive and post go-live optimization offerings and a thorough explanation of how to upgrade your Dynamics solutions to the latest release of the products.
Finally, the book discusses the essence of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step projects and how to successfully deliver these business solutions, including project and change management disciplines and processes.
Additional key topics such as a guide to adopting Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step are also provided if you are looking to develop a consistent process in your organization.
Maximize your Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step investments, from solution selection or solution selling, to solution delivery and support
Table of contents
Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
1. Background and Concepts
- The business solutions market
- The importance of a methodology
- Why it is critical to have a solid approach for selecting and deploying ERP/CRM solutions
- What is Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step?
- Microsoft Dynamics overview
- What is a project?
- Implementing the solution
- ERP and CRM implementations—facts and figures
2. Solution Selling and Driving Due Diligence
- Driving value for the customer and the solution provider
- What it means to be solution centric
- Solution selling concepts
- The Microsoft Solution Selling Process
3. Managing Projects
- About projects and project management
The four pillars of project success
- Communication matters
- Proactive attitude makes the difference
- Creating a guiding project culture
- The importance of closure
- Project management essentials
- Project management adoption
- The indispensable organizational benefits
4. Selling with Sure Step
- The Sure Step Diagnostic phase
A repeatable process for the sales teams
- Starting the discovery process with solution positioning
- The first step to envisioning the future state
- Identifying the right solution
- Determining the infrastructure implications
- Estimating the delivery costs, approach, plans, and roles
- Reducing the risk perception
- Estimating the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Developing the project charter
- Closing the sales cycle
- Initiating the delivery cycle
- Other usage scenarios for the decision accelerators
- Solution selling to a current customer
- Supporting the customer's buying cycle
- Positioning the solutions for specific industries
5. Implementing with Sure Step
- Implementation approaches in Sure Step
- Waterfall-based implementation project types
- Setting up a program for solution rollout
- The Sure Step waterfall implementation phases
The Analysis phase
- The start of the project
- A chance to establish the project culture
- Wrapping up
- To train or not to train?
- The uncontrolled Analysis phase
- Real-life analysis scenarios
- Analyze what?
- Go for interim analysis deliverables
- Managing scope creep during the Analysis phase by means of Fit/Gap Analysis
- Do not forget about data migration
- Interact with the infrastructure department
The Design phase
- Do we really need a Design phase?
- The risk of a passive Design phase
- All activity in the Sure Step Design phase
- The Development phase
The Deployment phase
- What is critical for a successful deployment?
- Trainers, evangelists for change
- What about the data?
- The go-live as the user acceptance test
- Execute performance tests
- Infrastructure readiness
- Check and cross check
- Ready to take off
- The Operation phase
- The Agile Implementation project type
6. Quality Management and Optimization
- Quality management manifestation in Sure Step
- Quality control within the project types
The Sure Step Optimization Offerings Roadmap
- Technical review offerings
- Project oversight with the Project Governance and Delivery Review offering
- How customers and service providers can benefit from the optimization offerings
7. Upgrading with Sure Step
- Upgrade assessment and the diagnostic phase
- Delivering the upgrade
8. Project and Organizational Change Management
- The Sure Step Project Management Library
- Organizational Change Management
- The Sure Step "Projects" feature
9. A Practical Guide to Sure Step Adoption
Don't park your brain outside
- Strategy execution
Why change initiatives fail
- Underestimating the need for a clear vision of the desired change
- Failing to clearly communicate the vision
- Failing to build a substantial coalition
- Permitting roadblocks against the vision
- Not generating a sense of urgency tied to improved performance
- Not building a plan for short-term wins
- Failing to lead and coach changes in business behavior
- Failure of managers to operate in and above day-to-day execution
- Not practicing what you preach
- Fail to anchor changes in business culture
- Why change initiatives fail
- The Sure Step adoption program
- Sure Step for Independent Software Vendors
- Don't park your brain outside
10. Summary and Takeaways
- What we now know about Sure Step
The future of Sure Step
- Sure Step 2010 Content Pack 1
- Sure Step 2010 Content Pack 2
- Sure Step 2011 and beyond
- Key takeaways
- Title: Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849681100
You might also like
The Art of Conversation: Change Your Life with Confident Communication
Good conversation is at the heart of networking, meetings, interviews, negotiations and raising your profile. It …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Mastering Python for Networking and Security
Master Python scripting to build a network and perform security operations Key Features Learn to handle …
Implementing Azure: Putting Modern DevOps to Use
Explore powerful Azure DevOps solutions to develop and deploy your software faster and more efficiently. Key …