This course assumes you've never worked with Microsoft Excel in your life, or you are upgrading from a previous version. Your professional trainer will start you at the very beginning: installing the program, creating your first workbook, and entering data. Before you know it, you'll be using Excel 2016 like a pro, including its advanced functions. You will have the expertise you need to impress the boss at work. You can also use this essential application to accomplish all kinds of tasks for your personal life or business.
This course starts with where to find Microsoft Excel and installing the program. Then you learn, step-by-step, simple 1-2-3 methods for getting up-and-running with Excel 2016.
It's important to note that we don't assume you know anything about Excel 2016. We start from the basics. After installation, we discuss what is new with 2016, using the touchscreen, opening a workbook, and how to use Help to get additional answers when you need them.
Then we show you how to personalize Excel for your own use with exciting Excel options. We discuss all the ribbons and toolbars, entering and editing data, backup and recovery, fills and series, and printing your projects. We also work with worksheets and formulas/functions.
Upon completion of this course, you will know the essentials of Microsoft Excel 2016.
What You Will Learn
- How to get Excel and its installation requirements
- A helpful discussion of the new features in 2016
- Getting started with a workbook
- Entering and editing data
- Practice with the included exercise files
This course is designed for complete beginners who've never worked with Microsoft Excel.
About The Author
Simon Sez IT: Simon Sez IT has offered technical courses for individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies since 2008, with thousands of employees who can benefit from the easy-to-learn and hands-on software training. It offers over 8,000 video tutorials on a range of software programs.
Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity—whether you implement new software or a technological upgrade in your work environment. With over 600,000 students from 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred online learning choice for individuals and businesses worldwide.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : What's New
- Chapter 3 : Using Touch
- Chapter 4 : Getting Started
- Chapter 5 : Using Help
- Chapter 6 : Excel Options
- Chapter 7 : The Ribbon and Toolbars
- Chapter 8 : Entering and Editing Data
- Chapter 9 : Backup and Recovery
- Chapter 10 : Fill and Series
- Chapter 11 : Viewing and Printing
- Chapter 12 : Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Chapter 13 : Formatting a Worksheet
- Chapter 14 : Formulas and Functions
- Chapter 15 : Managing Worksheets
- Chapter 16 : Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Chapter 17 : Saving Workbooks
- Chapter 18 : Proofing
- Chapter 19 : Inserting Comments
- Chapter 20 : Basic Functions in Excel
- Chapter 21 : Graphs and Charts
- Chapter 22 : Sorting and Filtering Data
- Chapter 23 : Shapes and Pictures
- Chapter 24 : Formatting Cells Based on Content
- Chapter 25 : Protection and Security
- Chapter 26 : Naming Items
- Chapter 27 : Finding and Replacing Words
- Chapter 28 : Borders
- Chapter 29 : Workbook Inspection
- Chapter 30 : Privacy Options
- Chapter 31 : Sharing Options
- Chapter 32 : Conclusion
- Title: Microsoft Excel Beginners 2016
- Release date: August 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839216732
You might also like
Learning Microsoft Excel 2016
In this Learning Microsoft Excel 2016 training course, expert author Guy Vaccaro will teach you everything …
Microsoft Excel 2016 Step by Step
Now in full color! The quick way to learn Microsoft Excel 2016! This is learning made …
Microsoft Excel Beginners 2019
This 7-hour Microsoft Excel 2019 course is perfect for those brand new to Excel and who …
Microsoft Excel 2013
In this Microsoft Excel 2013 training course, veteran trainer Guy Vaccaro takes you through the basics …