As many administrators are already aware, Microsoft licensing can be a challenge to decipher. Microsoft offers licensing in the form of two suites:
• Core Client Access License (CAL) Suite
• Enterprise CAL Suite
The Core CAL Suite is equivalent to the following licenses: Windows Server CAL, Microsoft Exchange Server Standard CAL, Microsoft SharePoint Server Standard CAL, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Client Management License.
The Enterprise CAL Suite is equivalent to the following licenses:
• The components of the Core CAL Suite listed previously
• The components of the Microsoft Forefront Protection Suite
• Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway CAL
• Microsoft Exchange Server Enterprise CAL ...