The following are the best practices from this chapter:
• Leverage the Archiving Server to record messages for key employees.
• Be sure to understand compliance regulations around archiving that you might need to follow in Lync Server 2010.
• Although the Lync Server 2010 Control Panel might seem easier to use at first, there are many functions that can only be accomplished in the management shell.
• A single Archiving Server can archive for multiple Front End pools. However, in larger deployments, a dedicated Archiving Server per pool might be required.
• For larger deployments, use a dedicated SQL Archiving Server.
• When possible, perform your configurations through the management shell to simplify bulk tasks and keep a record ...