The following are the best practices from this chapter:
• Have a good backup plan and a tested disaster recovery plan before you need it. Run through the plan and processes regularly.
• When running the Move-CsManagementServer cmdlet, only use the –force switch in a disaster recovery scenario.
• Always run the Move-CsManagementServer cmdlet from the server you want to move the CMS to, not the server you are moving from.
• If you are restoring to the same or identical hardware, perform a bare metal restore using the Windows Recovery Environment.
• Always store your backup files on a separate server. This ensures that a server failure does not take all backup files with it.
• Run the Export-CsConfiguration cmdlet after each configuration ...