The following are best practices from this chapter:
• First identify how an existing PBX can integrate with Lync server. A media gateway may be required.
• Evaluate the media gateway vendors and devices and vendors to find a feature set that meets the needs of the organization.
• Ensure that media gateways have enough channels to handle peak capacity, especially when using simultaneous ringing.
• Identify which features that end users are provisioned with prior to determining hardware requirements.
• Spend time training users on the integration and how to use the systems during a period of coexistence.