The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Enable transfers to the operator at least during business hours to reduce caller frustration.
• Be careful when implementing mailbox quotas because it can affect the capability of users to receive voicemail.
• Create a secondary auto attendant that is not speech-enabled and configure the primary auto attendant to fall back to it.
• Enable Outlook Web App with Lync presence and chat. It’s amazing how many people use it.
• The voicemail preview function requires one CPU core per concurrent voicemail. Be sure to plan your infrastructure and number of UM servers accordingly.
• For most organizations, 10% of the total user population is a good estimate of the number of concurrent ...