The final task is to enable a user’s mailbox. This associates the user with a mailbox policy and, therefore, to the rest of the unified messaging infrastructure.
To enable a user, execute the following steps:
1. Launch the Exchange Management Console.
2. Under the Recipient Configuration folder, select the Mailbox folder.
3. In the results pane, select the user to be enabled.
4. In the actions pane, select Enable Unified Messaging.
5. Click Browse.
6. Select the UM policy, such as the SFO Dial Plan Default Policy.
7. Click OK.
8. Enter the extension, such as 102, shown in Figure 20.15.
9. Click Enable.
10. Click Finish to close the wizard.
A simple welcome email message ...