With Outlook Voice Access, a user can access the Exchange mailbox using the telephone to perform the following functions:
• Listen to and forward voicemail messages
• Listen to, forward, and reply to email messages
• Listen to calendar information
• Access or dial contacts
• Accept or cancel meeting requests
• Notify attendees that the user will be late
• Set a voicemail Out-of-Office message
• Set user security preferences and personal options
This, in effect, gives the user working access to the Exchange mailbox while out in the field with only a telephone.
The system not only recognizes dual tone multiple frequency (DTMF) key presses from the phone, but also understands voice commands. The system guides the user ...