There are several clients for Lync Server 2010 in which to plan. Administrators have the ability to limit which clients can connect so that users can only use a client that is currently supported. This simplifies troubleshooting because it’s possible to prevent unexpected clients from connecting. The current list of clients includes
• Lync 2010—The primary Windows client
• Lync 2010 Attendee—The web-based plug-in for clients that don’t have a full client
• Lync Web App—The web-based client that provides the primary features
• Lync Server 2010 Attendant—The integrated call management application, typically used by a receptionist for managing multiple lines and for routing calls
• Lync 2010 Mobile—The client for ...