Understanding the Benefits of Enterprise Telephony as part of a UC Solution
Many UC solutions are designed to replace PBXs. Because of this, the benefits of introducing enterprise telephony as part of a UC solution is just that, to remove your PBXs. Many organizations have a PBX deployment with the following characteristics:
• There are many vendors across many locations.
• If the same vendor, there are many software versions.
• Each system has a separate maintenance contract.
• Each system has a local PSTN Ingress/Egress.
• Systems typically require specialized engineers to perform basic tasks.
When you introduce a UC solution like Microsoft Lync, you introduce the opportunity to remove such complexities. This results in hard cost savings in ...