The following are the best practices from this chapter:
• Use DNS load balancing for SIP traffic. A hardware load balancer is still required for web services such as the address book service.
• Explore the new failover functions of Lync Standard Edition before assuming that Lync Enterprise Edition is the right architecture. A full description of both is included in Chapter 30, “Planning for Basic Lync Services.”
• Although the Lync Server 2013 Control Panel might seem more familiar at first, there are many functions that can be accomplished only in the Management Shell.
• Always install the SQL backward-compatibility pack to ensure that all cmdlets run correctly.
• Use the RBAC controls to delegate administration rights. Delegate ...