Editing the Global External Access Policy
Even though the remote access services have been enabled on the Access Edge configuration, users must have their account enabled to use these features. This can be done at a global level so that it applies to all users, or it can be configured on a per-site or per-user basis. The following steps show how to enable the features for all users in the organization.
1. Open the Lync Server Control Panel.
2. Select Federation and External User Access in the navigation pane.
3. Click External Access Policy.
4. Highlight the Global policy, click Edit, and click Modify.
5. Check the Enable Communications with Federated Users box.
6. If XMPP federation is enabled, check the Enable Communications with XMPP Federated ...