Installing Server Role Prerequisites
Windows PowerShell can be used to automate installation of the prerequisite roles and features instead of using the Windows Server Manager graphical interface. To use PowerShell for this purpose, use the following steps:
1. Log on to the server with an account that has administrative credentials.
2. Click Start and navigate to All Programs, Accessories, Windows PowerShell.
3. Right-click the Windows PowerShell shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
4. Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
5. Run the following command to make the server manager:
6. Run the following command to install the Windows features and IIS role services required: