To correctly pass SSL encrypted packets through the reverse proxy into the IIS directories on the Lync Server servers, make sure that certification is properly configured on IIS. This task can be performed with the following steps:
1. Log in to the Lync Server that is being published through the reverse proxy.
2. Click Start, All Programs, Administrative Tools, and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3. In the IIS manager, expand the ServerName, and expand Sites.
4. Click Lync Server external Web Site.
5. In the Actions pane, click Bindings. Verify that the HTTPS is associated with port 4443, as shown in Figure 12.5, and click HTTPS.