The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Identify whether an existing IP PBX supports SIP for a Direct SIP integration path.
• Evaluate the media gateway vendors and devices to find a feature set that meets the needs of the organization.
• Ensure that media gateways have enough channels to handle peak capacity, especially when using simultaneous ringing.
• Identify which features end users will be provisioned with before determining hardware requirements.
• Spend time training users on the integration and how to use the systems during a period of coexistence.
• Avoid new deployments involving Remote Call Control or PBX software plugins.