The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Collocate Mediation Servers with a Front End Server when possible to reduce the hardware requirements for each deployment.
• Create multiple trunk associations between different pools to the same gateway for additional resiliency.
• Carefully follow the steps provided by a Survivable Branch Appliance vendor before placing the SBA in service.
• Use a unique dial plan for each location that has different dialing habits.
• Use translation rules on a trunk configuration only if the opposite end of the trunk is not manipulating digits.
• Configure the required network objects before attempting Call Admission Control, Media Bypass, or E911 setup.
• Use test cases to verify an Enterprise ...