Network subnets in Lync Server 2013 are the glue that binds a client connection to a specific network site and region. When a Lync client signs in, its network address is delivered to the server, which then associates the client to a network site and region based on the subnet.
Follow these steps to create a new network site:
1. Open the Lync Server 2013 Control Panel.
2. Click Network Configuration.
3. Click Subnet.
4. Click the New button.
5. Enter a Subnet ID that is the actual network IP address.
6. Enter a Mask for the subnet. This value is the number of bits used for the subnet mask. For example, if the subnet uses a 255.255.255.0 mask, enter
24 for this value.
7. Select a Network Site ID to associate with the subnet. ...