After the initial synchronization is complete, AD users and groups will appear in the Lync Online/Office 365 directory with a status of “Synced with active directory,” as shown in Figure 22.16. Although the users are now part of the directory, they are not enabled for Lync Online until they are activated. To activate newly synchronized user accounts, use the following procedure:
1. Log on to the Office 365 Portal.
2. On the left side of the main page, click Users and groups.
3. At the top of the users list, click the Filter icon, which has the funnel symbol.
4. Use the drop-down menu to select Unlicensed users.
5. From the list of unlicensed users, either click the check box next to individual user accounts, or click ...