For use with the VDI plugin, Microsoft supports any audio and video devices that are qualified for Lync, such as headsets and cameras. The following features are supported when these devices are used in combination with the VDI plugin:
• Call controls from a device
• Presence integration on a device
• Multiple HID (human interface device) support
• Location and emergency services support
• Support for all Lync modalities, including IM, audio, video, desktop and application sharing, file transfer, and so on
• Audio and video support for peer-to-peer and conference calls
Use of a Lync Phone Edition device is not supported in combination with the VDI plugin.