This course starts with the basics, which will help you explore Microsoft Project easily, especially if you’re a beginner.
The first video lesson introduces you to the software. You'll learn how to get your own copy of Project 2019 and see what's new in version 2019.
The second part covers the basics you need to be familiar with to begin using Project 2019. You’ll understand how to create a workspace and use toolbars, the ribbon, and the Status Bar. Later, you'll learn how to use task basics and project options. The project will then delve into various aspects of managing a project including setting up your timeline and Gantt chart. As you build on your skills, you’ll focus on tracking costs, tracking the project, budgeting, and reporting. All along, each topic is explained with its own video that demonstrates how to correctly use the function.
By the end of this course, you'll have learned how to effectively use MS Project 2019 for organizing and managing your projects.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the MS Project workspace, the ribbon, and project options
- Understand how to navigate project calendars, timelines and critical paths
- Learn to set up tasks and dependencies between them, including lag and lead times
- Understand how to resolve resource over-allocation
- Get to grips with project security, including saving and protecting project files
- Discover useful techniques for tracing task paths to simplify unruly Gantt charts
This course is for experienced project managers or anyone who is familiar with MS Project 2016 or 2013.
About The Author
Simon Sez IT: Simon Sez IT has offered technical courses for individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies since 2008, with thousands of employees who can benefit from the easy-to-learn and hands-on software training. It offers over 8,000 video tutorials on a range of software programs.
Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity—whether you implement new software or a technological upgrade in your work environment. With over 600,000 students from 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred online learning choice for individuals and businesses worldwide.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Workspace, The Ribbon and Help
- Chapter 3 : Project Options
- Chapter 4 : Task Basics
- Chapter 5 : Subtasks
- Chapter 6 : Dependencies, Deadlines and Milestones
- Chapter 7 : Resources
- Chapter 8 : Views and Timelines
- Chapter 9 : Costs
- Chapter 10 : Baselines and Critical Paths
- Chapter 11 : Tables
- Chapter 12 : Gantt Chart
- Chapter 13 : Notes
- Chapter 14 : Printing and Spellchecking
- Chapter 15 : Tracking Progress
- Chapter 16 : Reporting
- Chapter 17 : Tracking Costs
- Chapter 18 : The Organizer
- Chapter 19 : Saving Projects
- Chapter 20 : Project Security
- Chapter 21 : Project Templates
- Chapter 22 : Calendars
- Chapter 23 : Conclusion
- Title: Microsoft Project Beginners 2019
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839213298
You might also like
Learning Microsoft Project 2019
Explore detailed explanations and examples to get up and running with the five phases of the …
Microsoft Project 2019 Step by Step, Fifth Edition
The quick way to learn Microsoft Project 2019! This is learning made easy. Get more done …
Microsoft Project Fundamentals
Get a firm grip on one of the most popular project management applications on the market …
Microsoft Excel Beginners 2019
This 7-hour Microsoft Excel 2019 course is perfect for those brand new to Excel and who …