Chapter 1. Upgrading and Configuring SharePoint 2010
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Checking current installation upgradeability
- Upgrading MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010
- Upgrading with minimal downtime
- Visual upgrade
- Creating and associating content databases to a specific web application and site collection
- Configuring a content database
- Creating an Alternate Access Mapping (AAM)
- Patching (compatibility boundaries)
SharePoint 2010 requires 64-bit architecture on the servers, with a minimum of 8 gigabytes of RAM. The result of this requirement is that there will be installations upgrading their 32-bit architecture and then upgrading/migrating their sites.
Upgrading SharePoint 2010 is optimally a one time job. In reality, this is not always the ...