Chapter 2. Service Applications
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Managing a service
- Creating the Secure Store
- Creating custom security for a service
- Creating a custom service application proxy group
- Managing service application associations
- Setting up Excel Services
- Setting up PerformancePoint Services
- Setting up Visio Services
- Setting up Managed Metadata Service
- Establishing a trust relationship between two farms
- Publishing a SharePoint Service
- Consuming another Farm's Service
SharePoint 2010 introduces an overhaul of the MOSS 2007 Shared Service Provider (SSP). It is such a significant paradigm change that those who are responsible for implementing SharePoint must understand architecting to a different level.
MOSS 2007 had the SSP. The SSP encapsulated ...