Chapter 10. Backup and Restore
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Recycle Bin settings in Central Administration
- Performing a site collection backup
- Exporting sites
- Importing sites
- Recovering data from an unattached content database
- Backing up a farm (multiple threads) in Central Administration
- Restoring from a backup in Central Administration
Backup and restore are critical components when working with SharePoint. This is the information age, and for a company, its data is one of its valued assets. Hence, performing a daily backup of the SharePoint 2010 farm is good practice.
There are several environmental conditions in which a restore may be necessary:
- Disaster Recovery (DR): This is the extreme case, but we cannot anticipate when natural disasters ...