Exploring Content Types and Site Columns
First let us look "behind the scenes" on a Contact List to discover how Microsoft put this list together with Site Columns and Content Types.
First, we need to create a site collection for this chapter:
- Go to Central Administration and click on the link for Create Site Collections.
- Ensure the correct web application is selected. Enter Chapter 2 for the title and Chapter2 in the textbox for the URL.
- Leave the Template Selection defaulted to Team Site, and enter administrator for the Primary Site Collection Administrator.
- Leave all other options at their default values. Scroll to the bottom and click on Ok.
- When the screen Top Level Site Successfully Created appears, click on the link provided. Bookmark ...