This chapter leveraged both the Server and Client OMs along with some community based libraries to create a packaged solution that can provide a Project Management rollup site.
The customizations are grouped as follows:
- Visual Studio 2010:
- Web Part: Used to display both the main project metrics as well as provide a way to view the detailed project status
- Timer job: Used to update the metrics on a scheduled basis
- Feature receiver: Used to register and unregister the timer job
- Browser based configuration:
- Configure People Core Results Web Part: Configured to pull the listing of project managers along with custom XSL to enhance the format of the results
This chapter showed how you can:
- Aggregate content across site collections using both the search ...