This chapter leveraged the search features and configuration along with the Server OM to create a set of solutions that can be used to provide users with easy and intuitive ways to locate relevant sites.
The customizations are grouped as follows:
- Visual Studio 2010
- Web Part: Creating a custom Web Part that can display related sites based on a keyword property.
- Browser based configuration
- Configure Search Scopes: Create a Search Scope that automatically filters the content to show only site objects, and excludes any other type of content.
- Search Results Page: A custom search results page that works with our custom search scope, and also includes some additional Web Parts to enhance the user's ability to find relevant sites.
- Configure Core Results ...