Chapter 1. PowerShell Scripting Methods and Creating Custom Commands
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Setting up your Virtual Machine and running a test script
- Authoring, debugging, and executing script accessing farm settings with PowerGUI and PowerShell ISE
- Accessing advanced SharePoint 2010 functionality with external libraries
- Creating a custom PowerShell command (CmdLet)
- Creating a custom PowerShell Snap-In
PowerShell as a scripting language will execute actions on your target environment. Scripting is not a new concept and PowerShell is definitely not a new language. However, PowerShell and SharePoint 2010 integrate very well. This integration allows administrators and developers to access not just a limited set of commands, but also ...