Chapter 3. PowerShell Scripting Methods and Creating Custom Commands
This chapter is taken from Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Windows PowerShell 2.0: Expert Cookbook (Chapter 1) by Yaroslav Pentsarskyy.
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Setting up your Virtual Machine and running a test script
- Authoring, debugging, and executing script accessing farm settings with PowerGUI and PowerShell ISE
- Accessing advanced SharePoint 2010 functionality with external libraries
- Creating a custom PowerShell command (CmdLet)
- Creating a custom PowerShell Snap-In
PowerShell as a scripting language will execute actions on your target environment. Scripting ...